We’ll sell your used bike for you!
You: I need a new mountain bike!
Us: We've got bikes!
You: But I need to sell my old bike first.
Us: Hold my beer.
We’ll help you sell your bike and apply the proceeds either toward a new bike or give you the cold hard cash! Following a multi-point inspection by our service team, we'll advertise it, and if necessary box and ship it too. Easy!
We consign mountain bikes & wheelsets – sorry no road bikes, gravel bikes, cruisers, tandem bikes, or any mountain bikes made prior to 2016 (bikes must be 6 years old or newer).
Read on for full details...
Nitty gritty fine print details
- We consign mountain bikes & wheelsets, but we do not currently offer consignment on new or used bike parts. Bikes must be mountain bikes (sorry, no road bikes, cruisers, tandems, etc.) in good condition, 6 years old or newer. We cannot consign mountain bikes made before 2016, sorry!
- Payment as store credit: Ranch Camp’s commission is 10% of the bike’s sale price, capped at $500 – seller keeps 90% as store credit (i.e. if your bike sells for $1000, you’ll get $900 in credit; if your bike sells for $6000, you’ll get $5500).
- Payment as cash payout: Ranch Camp’s commission is 20% of the bike’s sale price, with no cap – seller takes home a check for 80% of the sale price.
- What do our fees cover?
- Prior to listing, your bicycle will be run through a multi-point inspection process, and assessed by one of Ranch Camp’s professional mechanics.*
- Ranch Camp will handle all aspects of the sale, including:
- Safety inspection / assessment (performed at intake).
- Light cleaning to ensure a tidy appearance for the listing.
- Photographing and listing the bike.
- Responding to all inquiries and questions.
- As needed, packing the bike and shipping it. In addition to the shipping cost, which is borne by the buyer, there is a $40 packing fee deducted from the seller's final pay out.
- *Please note that the cost of heavy cleaning or repairs required will be billed up front prior to Ranch Camp listing the bike for sale. Parts and labor may not be deducted from the proceeds of the sale.
- Ranch Camp requires at least 48 hours to perform an assessment and will base the consignment value on the bike’s overall condition, comparable bike sales, and any signs of wear, damage, etc. You’ll be notified about the assessed value of your bike, as well as an estimate of any parts / labor necessary to ready the bike for sale. Note that not all bikes will be eligible for consignment and Ranch Camp reserves the right to decline bikes for any reason, namely if the bike is not safe to ride.
- Working with Ranch Camp staff, we’re happy to help you identify a fair starting price, and we’ll also establish your price floor: i.e. the minimum amount you’ll need to take home after the consignment split.
- An owner can retrieve a bike at any time given 48 hours notice provided there is no pending sale on the bike. If a sale is already pending, the customer is no longer able to retrieve the bike.
- In-store credit may not be combined with other offers or applied in the restaurant.
- Ranch Camp will be liable for all consignment bikes while housed on consignment.
Looking For A New Whip?
Check out our current in-stock inventory and glimpse behind the curtain to see what we've got on the way.